Who doesn’t love a good strawberry milkshake? We all love them here and it’s the perfect time of the year for berries!
It’s almost time to pick to stock up the freezer. Until then, you can get some great prices at the grocery store right now. We’ve been buying them and freezing as I just ran out from our berry picking past summer.
This is a great snack in the afternoon. It’s also easy to adapt for growing kids that don’t need to be on the Trim Healthy Mama plan!
Strawberry Milk Shake
2 cups of almond milk (For the kids, I use regular full fat cow’s milk! )
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use the Jarrow brand)*
1 tsp. vanilla extract
A dash of cinnamon (You can’t taste it but it brings out the flavor of the berries)
A dash of salt
Stevia to taste (I use honey for my growing my boys!)
1/2 tsp. glucomannan (Optional)
*I have also used 1/2 cup of cottage cheese instead of protein powder, I think it’s creamier but it also adds an extra tartness so it might require a bit more sweetener.
-Throw all of the ingredients in the blender, except the frozen berries and blend well.
-Add the berries and blend until smooth.
If you don’t have frozen berries, use fresh, just add a few ice cubes to make it nice and cold! This is also easy to make dairy free by leaving out the whey protein powder. (It’s still yummy!)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
- A dash of salt
- Stevia to taste
- ½ tsp. glucomannan (Optional)
- *I have also used ½ cup of cottage cheese instead of protein powder, I think it’s creamier but it also adds an extra tartness so it might require a bit more sweetener.
- Add everything to blender except berries and blend until mixed.
- Add frozen berries and blend until smooth.