The tradition of tea during illness is one that most of us take part in. Some times a soothing cup of tea does a world of good when we fall ill.
Tea can help bring relief during times of illness from the herbs used or just the fact that a warm drink can soothe the body and mind. When everything is achy and yucky, tea has a way of helping things along.
I am not the biggest tea fan and often make myself drink it because I know it is good for me. The only time that isn’t true is when I am ill. When I don’t feel well, nothing sounds better than a cup of tea.
I used to just drink regular lipton tea with sugar but I have since learned that using herbs can also help the illness. There are some many things to add to help with sore throats, stuffy noses, tummy icks and even for immune boosting.
You don’t have to make it complicated, just pick an herb or tea, add some raw honey and maybe a dash of lemon and you have a soothing tea blend.
If you need some tea inspiration for times of illness, check out the collection of recipes below. There are some great, soothing, and yummy tea blends for what ails you!
A collection of teas for illness
- Cinnamon Thyme Tea from Recipes to Nourish
- Herbal Tea for Decongestant from Studio Botanica
- Easiest Ginger Tea from Holistic Health Herbalist
- Ginger Honey Lemon Tea from This West Coast Mommy
- Cold and Flu Tea Soother from Studio Botanica
- Lemon Thyme Tea from The Pistachio Project
- Herbal Infusions for Flu and Fever from Studio Bontanica
- Cold and Cough Tea from Delicious Obsessions
- Immune Supporting Tea from Homespun Seasonal Living
- Power Packed Teas for Winter from Studio Bontanica
- Immune Boosting Tea and Tincture from The Hippy Homemaker
- Reusing Elderberries to make Tea from The Pistachio Project
- Non-Dairy Turmeric Milk from the Soft Landing
- Elderberry Tea from Holistic Health Herbalist
- Vitamin C Herbal Tea from Recipes to Nourish
- Mix and Match Vitamin C Tea from Studio Botanica
- Nettle Infusions for Kids from Raising Generation Nourished
- Homemade Herbal Kool-Aid from The Hippy Homemaker
- Mineral Balancing Tea from Simply Healthy Home
- Nourishing Herbal Tea Infusion from Recipes to Nourish
- Ruby Fruity Tea from Studio Botanica
If you need more ideas, come check out my cold and flu care Pinterest board. It’s full of great home remedies to soothe during illness.
Other posts you may like: