Stuffed cabbage has always been a dish I enjoy. However, I have never enjoyed making it. It is very labor intensive. That is how I decided there had to be away to enjoy it with out the fuss. And there is…simply don’t stuff the cabbage!
This recipe is so simple and comes together fast. It is also on plan for Trim Healthy Mama. I use ground turkey and this makes a great E meal. (If you are not on plan, you can go for ground beef. )
If you don’t already, I highly recommend using organic spices. (Affiliate links) I like this oregano and basil. I was amazing at the flavor difference when I switched from regular spices to organic. It’s worth the money if you can swing it.
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 head of cabbage finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. of basil
- 32 ounces of whole tomatoes
- 1-2 pounds of ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice*
- *If you want to make this a fuel pull or are paleo, use riced cauliflower
- Add your onions, garlic and cabbage to a pot with basil and oregano, add ½ cup water
- Put a lid on your pot and let steam until the veggies are wilted.
- While the veggies are steaming, fry your ground turkey until all the meat is cooked. (I liked to salt at this stage)
- When veggies are wilted, add tomatoes and ground turkey and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Add cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
See, this really is the easy way to make stuffed cabbage!
If you like this recipe and would like to see more, come follow me on Pinterest!
Do you have a favorite dish you don’t make because of how labor intensive it can be?