My blender is getting a work out this summer. My boys play hard…that means those little bodies sweat! Phew. They are always coming in the house looking for a drink.
Most times they get a cold glass of water but I love surprising them with fruit slushies.
I’ll make a blender full and they will down it pretty fast. Now, I use a sugar free option for me, but my boys get honey in theirs. It makes this drink so good for them.
We use these (affiliate link) Spiderman cups for the boys. They love them and so do as they are BPA free….but they are great at keeping the drinks cold without the cup sweating.
The (affiliate link) stainless steel straws are a favorite here too. You’ll love them if you don’t have any yet. They really make ice cold drinks feel extra cold.
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- half a lemon*
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. of Just like sugar or stevia to taste or 1 tbsp of THM sweet blend**
- Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
- *If you don't have a high powered blender, just use the juice from the whole lemon
- **For those not watching their sugar in take or growing bodies, use raw honey.
What are your favorite fruits to use in summer drinks?