I don’t know about all of you, but having two littles makes it sometimes difficult to have a date night. You know, a night out, dinner, maybe a movie, dessert, and time when you don’t have to worry about whether or not the place you are going is kid friendly?
Don’t misunderstand me, I gladly traded in a little bit of freedom to have my sweeties to love, but I miss time out with my husband.
Since we don’t have a regular baby sitter, I’ve had to get creative and we have date night at home. The kids go to bed early, who am I kidding, on time and my husband and I have a special dinner and usually rent a movie.
It’s fun and I’ve enjoyed coming up with special meals for date night. (Special meaning meals my kids probably wouldn’t like but my husband and I love!)
Our last date night we had Shrimp Scampi over Spaghetti Squash. It is so easy, tastes like you put a lot of effort into and is Trim Healthy Mama friendly. (If you are on plan, this is an S meal)
My favorite type of (affiliate link) garlic salt is from Redmond. It taste great and is REAL salt. They have a variety set of flavors…the all purpose seasoning is amazing!
- Spaghetti Squash (I used one large one for this dish)
- 1 quart of whole or crushed tomatoes
- ½ stick of butter
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- ½ pound of cooked and peeled Shrimp
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half, rub lightly with olive oil and bake for about an hour
- While squash is baking, add your butter, whole tomatoes and spices to a small pan and simmer
- Defrost and clean your shrimp, set back in the refrigerator until ready
- When squash is done, let cool until you are able to handle and seperate the 'noodles' with a fork.
- Add to sauce and allow to simmer for about 15 more minutes.
- Add shrimp until they are heated through.
- Top with parm cheese and serve
This recipe is linked at Gwen’s Nest and Stacy Makes Cents for Trim Healthy Tuesdays and Kelly The Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesdays, The Real Food Forager for Fat Tuesdays.
What’s your favorite in house date night meal?