I know summer doesn’t necessarily make you think of pumpkin pie but I’ve been trying to be creative with smoothie making. Smoothies are great summer treats because they are cold and refreshing. My kids LOVE them. Seriously. I could make some gross concoction and call it a smoothie and they’ll be all over it. (I may or may not tell them my smoothie is hot (spicy) so I don’t have to share.)
This one is easy peasy and it is a dairy free and low carb. Perfect Fuel Pull for those on the Trim Healthy Mama plan. It is also just yummy for those looking for a healthy treat!
And there you have it! A yummy, spicy fall treat, any time.
This smoothie comes in with 3.5 grams of fat and 7 grams of carbs so it is a Fuel Pull. (This will vary depending on if you use protein powder and the brand)
I buy most of my spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I find that their spices are fresh and you need less than you typically need of store bought spices. And my tip for you is don’t buy more just because it’s cheaper! A pound of a powdered herb is A LOT and with spices, it’s nice to not have them sitting around a long time! (This is through my affiliate link!)
*Glucomannan is a thickening agent that is made from the konjac root. It’s great for puddings, soups, and smoothies as it gives it a nice thick texture while still being healthy for you. It’s not necessary for the THM diet but it sure does add a great dynamic.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop Jarrow whey protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛-1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- Dash of salt
- Stevia to taste
- A handful of ice
- ½ tsp. glucomannan *(This is optional)
- Add all the ingredients in the blender (except the ice and glucc.) and blend.
- Taste to make sure you have it seasoned the way you like.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle the glucomannan into the blender and let blend for a minute or two. The longer you blend, the thicker it gets. You don’t want pudding, but a nice thick, smoothie texture.
(All links to Amazon products are through my affiliate code!)*For the record, my thoughts and advice are only my experiences or what others have allowed me to share. We don’t claim to diagnose, treat or cure.*