I am so excited to start seeing fresh produce in the stores. I long for the change in veggies after winter.
Asparagus is a favorite of mine, it doesn’t need to be fancy for me to love it. I did try and doctor it up a bit when we had a sale last week at our local grocery store.
I added bacon. Yup, I did. And it was gooood! You’ll love it. It is so easy to do and it looks fancy, doesn’t it?
Clean up was easy too because I put foil down in the baking dish. Then I saved all that yummy bacon grease to fry my kid’s eggs the next morning. Yum!
If you are on the Trim Healthy Mama plan this makes a great side for an S meal.
(This part of the post contains affiliate links. While it is not extra cost for you to purchase, I do make a small profit. It helps keep the content of the blog free.)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and place baking rack in pan
- Wrap a piece of of bacon around 5-6 spears of asparagus and place on baking rack
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the asparagus is tender and the bacon done
- You can also put these under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon
For the baking pan, I used something like this. Just make sure it has enough lip to catch the grease. Nobody likes cleaning grease out of the oven.
This recipe is so easy but your family will be impressed, I promise. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon? My five year old tells me he wants bacon with his bacon and I tend to agree with him. 😉
If you are on Pinterest, come follow me. I share lots of recipes, healthy and wellness articles and green living tips. (I’m slightly addicted, I’ll admit it!)
So, tell me, what is your favorite way to use bacon in cooking?