It is typical winter day here….
When I see a view like that out my door, I know it’s time to have something baking in my oven. Major dilemma though, I was out of eggs! What’s a mama to bake?
I decide to try my hand at some molasses spice cookies! They were pretty fast to make and they are kid approved. Soft, kind of crumbly with a nice amount of spice. Perfect on a cold day with a cup of coffee!
If you are a Trim Healthy Mama this is an S cookie. I know molasses is not a legal ingredient in the THM world, but for this you use 1/2 tsp. (1 tsp is about 5 grams of carbs) that is for the entire batch. This makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies so you should be in the clear unless you eat the entire batch…which I don’t recommend.
- ½ stick of salted butter
- ¼ cup xylitol
- ½ tsp. molasses
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp of cloves
- Cream together butter, xylitol, molasses, vanilla and cream
- Stir together dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture until well mixed.
- Roll into balls and flatten lightly on parchment paper
- Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes
- Makes about 1½ dozen cookies
This post is linked at Gwen’s Nest for Trim Healthy Tuesday.