My kids love muffins. Let’s be honest, me too! They are so easy to throw together. They are also great to put in the freezer so you have something quick to pull out for a morning when you are on the run. These gluten free blueberry muffins have become a favorite of ours.
This recipe is pretty forgiving. While I use a (affiliate link) gluten free flour mix, rice flour with some xantham gum work just fine.
Fresh or frozen berries work. I have been known to used sliced strawberries as well. My kids love those! (Chocolate chips are a yummy sub too!)
- 1 stick of salted butter (Melted)
- 2 cups of gluten free flour mix (Or 2 cups of rice flour with xantham gum)
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice crystals
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line or grease a 12 cup muffin pan
- Melt butter and set aside
- Mix milk, egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add the melted butter, wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir, do not over mix.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are a nice golden color.