Yes, I’m addicted to playing with the muffin in a mug recipes!
There is something about the cool temperatures that make me want to bake. I will admit I have been doing less of that since becoming gluten free and even less with Trim Healthy Mama.
Until I found that the muffin in the mug was doable in the oven. I also started making my own almond milk and use the leftovers to make almond flour, so I have plenty on hand.
And now, since we’re rolling into apple season, it only seemed right to try an apple MIM.
Don’t worry, this is still an S even with the small amount of apple, if you are a Trim Healthy Mama. A half an apple is an S helper in the book, you only use a tablespoon in this recipe.
This has been my kids favorite muffin so far and the house smells so good while it is baking!
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a dash of salt
- stevia to taste (1 tbsp. of maple syrup works well too!)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped apple
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- Beat your wet ingredients together.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in apple and walnuts
- Put in greased baking dish
- Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes or until the top is firm