This garlic chicken and spinach casserole is not only easy but it will quickly become a family favorite. It is gluten free, low carb and THM friendly.
I have been a complete blogging slacker these days. Life keeps moving on here and I haven’t been the most inspired to write. I am loving our homeschool year so far and am taking the time to get a good schedule going for us. We’ve gone on a few field trips and spent a good deal of time outside enjoying the sun while we can.
I have a few posts in mind to get back into the swing of things. For those of you that have been following my Hashimoto’s journey, I have some great posts for you about what I am doing differently and feeling so much better.
For those of you that love home remedies, I’m working on a few series for you as well!
But, I wanted to come back with a bang! Yup, that means food, because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good meal? Hands down, the most popular post on the blog is my garlic parmesan chicken. Haven’t tried it yet? Go do it because you will not regret it.
However, I decided to step it up a bit and turn that yummy, buttery, garlicy recipe into a casserole for you. Seriously.amazing. (If I do say so myself!) In my world, you can’t go wrong with garlic and parm.
This recipe is pretty easy to throw together and is grain free. If you are following the Trim Healthy Mama plan, this is an S meal. It goes perfectly with a nice salad. For my kids, I serve it with gluten free pasta.
For those that struggle to get vegetables into their kids, this recipe has a good couple of servings of spinach. (They won’t even be able to taste it!)
Garlic chicken and spinach casserole
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of butter
- sea salt
- 4 cups of spinach
- 32 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Add the butter, garlic and chicken to a pan, salt as you like
- Fry until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle
- Add spinach and cook down until wilted
- Drain liquid
- In a baking dish (8X8 should work), put down one cup of sauce in the pan
- Add a layer of cooked spinach and chicken
- Top with ½ cup of parm and 1 cup of mozzarella
- Top with 1 cup of sauce and layer on the rest of the chicken/spinach mix
- Add the rest of the parm cheese then cover with the rest of the sauce
- Add the remaining mozzarella
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes
- Turn oven up to 425 to melt the cheese to a golden brown (5-10 minutes)
- This fed my family of four with a side of pasta and salad
Totally easy. You will not even miss the breading it is so full of flavor. We love garlic here so I might use more than six cloves. I use this garlic twist to mince it up and it smells so good while cooking.
This post is linked at Recipes to Nourish for Savoring Saturdays.