Venison Cabbage Soup
- 3 onions, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic (or more, I've used an entire bulb), peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 head of cabbage cut in strips
- 3 cups of chicken or beef broth
- 1 pounds of meat (We use canned venison)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Oil to saute
- Optional: Thickener of choice
- Clean and chop veggies.
- Add oil to pan and add onions and garlic.
- Cook until a golden brown
- Add carrots and cabbage and cook down until wilted
- Add the broth,and meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add optional thickener as the directions call for
- Serve plain or over rice.
Recipe by Simply Healthy Home at http://simplyhealthyhome.com/venison-cabbage-soup/