As much as I enjoy cooking, some days I have no desire to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Well, I really don’t want to spend a lot of time doing dishes. But, I take pride in cooking my family meals that are nutrient rich and from whole foods.
I like to keep recipes down to as few as pots as possible if I can…call it laziness but it works. 😉
Dairy free creamy chicken soup kind of came around on accident but it is so fast and easy. You can surely make it after a busy day and not feel like you are stuck in the kitchen.
If you are a Trim Healthy Mama this is an E meal. I struggle with E meals, so this one I like to freeze in bags for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt (to taste to season meat)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 chopped onions
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 15.5 ounces can of great northern beans
- 4 cups of spinach
- Add the chicken, salt, onions, garlic and water to pan.
- Bring to a boil and turn burner down to simmer.
- Cook until the chicken is soft and able to easily shred.
- Shred chicken apart with forks and add back to soup.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a blender, blend beans and one cup of broth from your soup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to soup and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook a few more minutes until wilted.
- Add more salt if needed.
While my vitamix is my good to blender, I reserve the small container of my (affiliate link) Ninja for jobs like this.
My kids thought the soup tasted a bit like our potato soup and gobbled it down quickly.
My husband enjoys taking this to work too, he heats it up in his travel crock pot. (Affiliate link)
The white beans are perfect to make for a creamy feel while keeping the dairy away.
Do you have any tricks to make things taste and feel creamy while keeping away from dairy?