I have talked about my love of garlic before but have I told you, I really love basil too? It is like a pure taste of summer to be able to go out and pick a piece from your garden and add it to your food.
One of my favorite dishes to make in the summer is bruschetta and while I have no issue just eating it with a spoon, I do like to have it on bread. That is kind of an issue since I’m gluten-free an am not really eating very many grains.
My kids asked for mac and cheese for lunch so I decided I’d have zucchini noodles. (We are LOVING the spiralizer!!) Affiliate link
This came together so fast and I was kind of sad I was out of squash so that I couldn’t have more.
This dish is full of health benefits, from the lycopene from the tomatoes, iron the in the spinach and the allicin in the garlic….and that’s kind of just the tip of the iceberg.
My kids said mine smelled good and kept asking for bites…I really didn’t want to share with them. (Yup, I’m a mean mom!)
If you are on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, this is an S. If you want to add some protein, grilled chicken would be perfect!
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 spiraled summer squash
- 1 tbsp. dried basil (Or a few leaves of chopped fresh)
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- parm cheese
- Saute minced garlic in butter until lightly browned
- Add squash noodles, basil and tomatoes, cook until squash is tender
- Add spinach and put a lid over pan for five minutes to wilt spinach
- Season with salt and pepper, top with some parm and you are set!
This is lick the bowl good.
What are some of your favorite grain free noodle recipes?