My favorite part of summer has started….the farm stands are open and FULL of fresh produce. How exciting. (Well, I’m excited!)
I love living in an area were there are farm stands all over from bigger farms to neighbors with extra veggies they put out to sell. I love supporting local growers and knowing where my food is coming from. My kids love to run and pick out the fresh veggies, most still with dirt on them.
zucchini and summer squash tend to be every where and are super cheap. I love this. I know most people get tired of them but because of their neutral flavor I found them useful in most any dish.
I add them to sauces, soups, stews, stir fries and even chili. The more veggies I can get in my family, the happier I am.
Veggie noodles have also been an AWESOME way to use up zucchini and squash. (Affiliate link) This spiraler has been a game changer and we have zucchini noodles several times a week.
If you do the Trim Healthy Mama plan, filling up on non-starchy vegetables is a great way to round out your meals. (I did throw in one E meal that uses zucchini for you from Sherri Graham, I couldn’t resist!)
Need some inspiration? Check out this collection of low carb (plus one E!) zucchini recipes! They are some of my favorites.
- Easy zucchini noodles for one (S) from Darcie’s Dishes
- Chilled zucchini soup (S) from All Day I Dream about Food
- Gluten Free Summer Squash Casserole (S) from Simply Healthy Home
- “Pasta” salad (S) from Raising Generation Nourished
- Roasted Summer Squash (S) from Simply Healthy Home
- Zucchini Pizza Dippers (S) from Live Simply
- zucchini Spinach Salad with Chicken (S) from Holistic Squid
- zucchini Sausage Breakfast Bake (S) from A Sweet Life
- Cheesy zucchini lasagna casserole (S) from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Zucchini quiche (S) from Briana Thomas
- Parmesan Baked zucchini spears (S) from Raising Generation Nourished
- zucchini and feta fritters (S) from All Day I Dream about Food
- Zucchini noodles and creamy Parmesian Sauce (S) from Simply Healthy Home
- Zucchini Pizza Bites (S) from A Sweet Life
- zucchini au gratin (S) from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Two bean zucchini salad (E) from Sheri Graham
- Basic Chocolate Layer Cake (S) from Briana Thomas
- Chocolate zucchini bundt cake (S) from All Day I Dream about Food
- Zucchini Spice Cake with Brown Butter (S) Frosting from Briana Thomas
- zucchini Muffin in a Mug (S) from Simply Healthy Home
- zucchini walnut spice muffins (S) from All Day I Dream about Food
What are some of your favorite ways to use zucchini?